Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Nephew Jake

On January 29, 2007 Jake Michael Franks was born. One year later on January 29, 2008 he celebrated his 1st Birthday. When a baby is born in the world, we are all fascinated by the miracle of life that one can hold in our arms and be amazed by how fast time flies and before one knows it the baby is big and is able to walk, and babble. I am proud that my sister Christina Franks and my brother in law, Larry Franks had Jake and amazingly enough they are a small but Big-time loving family. When Christina and Larry got married, I was happy and I know that Jake will make our lives happy throughout his life. I am sure will grow up to be a wonderful young man. I hope he keeps his zeal and smiles, and bubbly personality forever when he grows up.

I am Jake's Uncle and I am sure he knows it and since I am here and they are over there, I am sure he knows it. I wanted to post something about my nephew because when he grows up he can be able to see this and now that his Uncle was always thinking about him. This is Jake on the right side playing the piano. Perhaps someday he will be a musician. Perhaps he will be a baseball player and love sports like his Dad. (Or me for that matter -- a fan of sports, but don't really play all that much.) So, maybe he'll be a musician like Christina and I were in band. Her playing the clarinet in elementary school band and I, playing the drums, perhaps a musician? Who know what young Jake will be interested in when he grows up.

All I know is that Jake's life will be filled with love and happiness as we can see him playing the keyboard on this film. His Grandpa Garcia loves to film Jake and you can see the joy in his filming of Jake, his Grandson. This makes me feel blessed for our little family in our lives. With every day that Jake grows an inch or two more, he will be young man on a journey of life as much as we all are on right now. The only difference is that his is just starting. And that idea only makes me smile even more.

Much love to my nephew Jake and the parents raising him. Also much love to my parents as they see how their first grandchild make them smile even the more everyday.

For Christina and Larry, Jake's Parents, wish you luck in being part of a young child's life and to be able to anticipate the many challenges that will come - especially with education and the choices this young man might make in the future. I love you and your family, and may Jake's journey be similar to all of us that has gone through so much in our lives. May Jake have his chronicles and experiences.


Wherever you are, whatever you do: I Love you Jake, my nephew.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: